Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Summer Reading

One of my favorite things to do over the summer is....you guessed it! READ!!! When I was a kid, my mom, brother and I would have reading contests every summer to see who could read the most books. I was a frequent winner! I think my mom was inspired to come up with the idea. Trips to the library were basically free, reading kept us quiet and out of trouble, and she loved to read, too.

Think about picking up a book instead of turning on the TV or your Ipod. It is better for the environment ('cause it doesn't use electricity) and much better for your brain.

Here's another place to find good book recommendations - http://txla.org/groups/yart/Assets/Files/lonestar/lone0910.pdf

This list is designed to promote student reading. It's not about books that are "good" for you to read (like eating vegetables is good for you) , but rather includes "good" books you'll ENJOY reading.

Check it out and let me know what you think. I can't wait to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preview of NEW book titles.....Click on the arrow to see what's new

Cdinneen's Show on PhotoPeach